Friday, March 14, 2008

How to cure Athlete's feet?

Allright first off I'm in Iraq and I have to wear boots all day and sometimes I dont get a chance to air my feet. I clean my feet good, use medications, and try to air them out and change socks when i get a chance, and it goes away but it always comes back and it's been like this since i was a boy. So what can I do to permanetly get rid of athlete's feet?

First, God bless you, man.
Second, never put an antibiotic on a fungus. It will be like pouring gas on a fire... it'll swell and itch and crack open. Make all things worse.
Third, an antifungal spray is your only solution. There are some homegrown things I've heard from GIs, such as soaking your feet in bleach, but that's really an emergency measure, and will slow it down some, if you're lucky but not kill it. Use any preparation containing Clotrimazole or Miconazole Nitrate or Tolnaftate. Read the can label.


Do you have a second pair of boots so you can alternate between the two? If possible, that is the first step, allow your foot wear to dry for at least 24 hours between wearings. Change your socks often, if possible. You can try soaking your feet in bleach water. Of course there is a pharmacological solution to the problem but that can cause liver damage. Good luck and keep your head down.

My grandmother has cured athletes feet with Lye soap. you must use only Lye soap, and lather your feet up, then let the soap completely dry on your feet, then clean it off, all done.

No comments: