Friday, March 14, 2008

Is it too early for pollen season?

I ask this dreaded question...because I'm deathly allergic to pollen, and I've recently gone under what feels like extreme allergies or the early case of the flu.
My body is kind of achey, and my sinuses are getting clogged. As a result, my throat hurts, and I've got a continuing headache and a slight cough...I don't have a bad fever, it's about 99.6, so unless it's the early sign for a later one I dunno if I'm sick.
It seems a lot like allergies for me minus the headache and the slight fever, but I really need to know because if it seems like the flu...then I should obviously avoid school and if it's just allergies then I just have to suck it up.
I live in Eastern Virginia if you needed to know that...Ugh. I haven't been sick in a while...I hope it's not that.
Todays pollen map is below. You can get it specific to your zipcode from the home page.
I certainly feel for you. I have allergies too and have taken shots for years. They help but are expensive.
I have also found that the best allergy over the counter drug is Drixoral Cold and Sinus.
As it happens, in some parts of the country there has been unseasonably warm weather. This has resulted in trees and shrubs blooming early - thus more pollen than usual in the air.

You can CURE your pollen allergy by taking a teaspoon of LOCAL honey each day. Your body will work with the local honey to develop immunities to all air born irritants-like pollen, mold, dust, pet dander, mildew and smog. In a couple of months you will be free of it forever. You may have a mild case of the flu, though. Try not to baby yourself. Get up and move around-your blood needs to circulate to heal your problem. Drink pure fruit juice and water as well as establishing a regular sleep pattern.

No comments: