Friday, November 28, 2008

How long after you began birth control pills did the side effects begin?

I started birth control pills Sunday. I'm on Junel FE 1.5/30, which is a generic for Loestrin. Anyway, so far all I've had is a minor headache. Does it take longer than this for the side effects to fully effect me or am I actually tolerating this pretty well?

This is a tricky questions because everyone is different. Some women hardly experience any side effects when on birth control. Others, unfortunately, experience all of the side effects at some point, maybe multiple side effects at the same time.

Since you are just starting out you will probably notice your bodily changes more readily. There is no span of time where you will notice or stop noticing side effects, because we are all different, thus the way our bodies react to substances are different.

I know it's not very helpful, but it's the truth. Your best bet is to not worry so much about what you do or do not experience. Side effects are not a sign of how well the birth control works at all.And, if you are tolerating it that well, consider many of us out here jealous of you!

It can take up to a month for all of the side effects to kick in. Some people don't experience very many at all, but I've found as they get stronger near the end of the month they get worse. I had a killer migraine two weeks ago when I was on the last active week before the inactive ones. And I take ortho-tri-cyclen lo which is supposed to have fewer side effects.

Wow that is dumb. When they go off the pill (which they inevitably will in the future) there breasts will shrink back to their natural size, sag and might have stretch marks. When I went off it, mine shrunk from a D cup to a B cup! Also it can affect your mood without you really knowing (yep, more bitchy, emotional, or depressive behaviour) and kill your libido (so it might give you boobs, but then you won't even want the male physical attention).Personally I feel a lot better being off it, and wish I didn't waste so many years on it.

No comments: