Friday, November 28, 2008

What are the symptoms of miscarriage?

I thought I was pregnant, but the tests came out negative. But if I was, I would've been 12 weeks. So here's the story. I had to come home from work one day because I was dizzy, nausous, and felt like fainting. As soon as I came home I started crying from the pain I felt all over my body, I had a fever, sweating, chills, major headache, nausea, vomited. I went to sleep for 12 hours and woke my hands looked swollen, and kind of bluish. No discharge though. So dizzy and I wanted to sleep more. The week after that happened I started my period with major clumps in it. I'm not allergic to anything, and didn't have any takeout(poisioning). At the time I was going through major stress at work and home,and drank alot of energy drinks, but that never had any effects. What do think it was?? I thought it could've been a miscarriage.
First of all, the home pregnancy tests are not always reliable. You can get a false negative. The best way to tell if you are prenant is to go to the OB/GYN and get a test in the office. They can tell you for sure. Signs of a miscarriage are many and may not all present at the same time. The obvious signs are severe cramping in the lower abdomen with bleeding. If there are clots in the bleeding, or if you are soaking a maxi pad thru in an hour, you are having a miscarraige. If this is happening, you need to get to the doctor or the hospital right away, so you don't bleed to death. (Yes, I'm serious.) Also if you are feeling a tight, vice-like grip across your lower back in the region of your kidneys this is also a sign of miscarriage. You should also save any tissue that your body expells in a plastic bag or container and take it to the doctor. They will want to look at it. If you are having a miscarriage, you are not alone, many women have gone thru this painful experience.
a miscarriage is major cramping with a very heavy flow. It sounds to me like you might have had the flu or something, and then from laying around in bed, you clotted and that is what was coming out. You would know if you had a miscarriage. The cramps are not like regular period cramps, more like labor pains
Some signs of miscarriage are: Cramping, light or heavy bleeding with large clots, aching lower back pain. If you think you may have had a miscarriage then you need to contact your Dr.

I think you should play it safe and check with a doctor... you wouldn't want this too afffect you from having any more kids...
It probably was a miscarriage. I miscarried in Jan and I went home from work with light bleeding and started bleeding more and more I went to the hospital and I was miscarrying. I had a high fever and was extremely sick...I had large clots and tissue that was coming out of me and lasted about a day or so, everyone is different though, call your doctor as soon as you can and get in and get checked out you might have to have a d and c and get the rest of the baby out if you did not pass it all out on your own. You could also develope an infection and cause serious problems down there and prevent you from having kids...Also you should not be drinking energy drinks those contain high amounts of caffine..

No comments: