Friday, November 28, 2008

What could be causing sour stomach, constant vomiting nausea, diahrrea, headache, loss of appetite

The title pretty much explains it. I have a very upset stomach...sour to be exact. I have the rotten egg smelling burps, constant vomiting (3 times in the past 2 hours), watery diahrrea and a headache. I ate McDonald's really late last night about 11:30pm and went to bed at 2. What's wrong with me, is this just a 24 hour stomach flu or perhaps food poisoning??

i honestly think its a stomach flu... although it could be food poisoning, but I believe that takes a day or two to kick in.
Try drinking some ginger ale and some toast or saltine crackers to eat, to keep something in your stomach, even if you don't feel hungry.
Lay down and rest, take some tylenol...and see if you start feeling better. If by tomorrow you are still having the same issues, I would go see a doctor.

Sorry to hear you are not feeling so well...Call your local emergency room facility and give the them your laundry list of symptoms...They will oblige you with the possibilities to put your mind at rest. It sounds like tainted food/typical touch of food poisoning, but ,e.coli is more serious and you would need immediate attention...If you are not better from the Pepto and develope a fever with everything else and the diarrhea continues get yourself to a doctor.

It could be an inner ear problem probably related to the TMJ that you said you had. I have had the same problem related to my neck due to Fibromyalgia.TMJ is also a related condition of Fibromyalgia but luckily I haven't suffered too much from it. I think the neck muscles interfered with the inner ear in my case. In your case I believe it's the jaw joint. I found this info when searching the symptoms of TMJ. Also, maybe it's migraines caused by the TMJ Syndrome. Migraines definately cause dizziness and nausea. I have been there as well. Hope this helps and you feel better soon. I know what you are going through.

The 10 Symptoms of TMJ Syndrome

Clicking & popping of the joint (TMJ).Cause: Lack of cartilage at the rear hinge point.

Grinding sounds.Cause: Irregular bone surface at rear hinge point.

Headaches and migraine headache.Cause: Pressure of ball (condyle) of joint pushing on weak bone structure at rear of joint.

DizzinessCause: Lack of blood flow to brain when blood vessels are obstructed.

Ringing in the earsCause: Pressure on ear canal.

Excessive wear on teethCause: Subconscious effort to eliminate misalignment of jaw joint (TMJ) by changing shape of teeth by grinding.

Severe pain all over headCause: Pinching of nerves by ball of jaw hinging at rear of socket (fossa).

Pain in neckCause: Unknown, however most TMJ suffers experience it.

EaracheCause: pressure on ear canal.

No comments: