Saturday, November 29, 2008

Pregnant and sharp stabbing pain.

Pregnancy can be a very anxious time. I understand totally. I am 31 weeks now and have that "should I, shouldn't I ring the midwife/doctor?" debate with myself all the time.
To be honest, although you feel like you ring them alot, who cares? If you are concerned (which you obviously are) then you should just call. Worrying alone is horrible. Its what they get paid for at the end of the day.
Discharge (yellowish/whitish) and an increase of it IS normal during pregnancy. I even wear a panty liner to try to make it easier to handle. I also had stabbing pains and dull aches and cramps and all sorts, worried myself sick and then was always fine!
However, if you DID have am infection of some sort, you would want it treated as it is not good for the pregnancy at all.

it is called round ligament pain!! very common. do some research on it! but i would still consult with your doc...just to make sure! you should always check out every pain with the doc...even if you think you know what it is!! you never know when it might be something different. drink some water and go lie down!!

It definitely sounds like "Round Ligament Syndrome." These are the ligaments that hold your ever-growing uterus in place throughout pregnancy...well, they do that job when you're not pregnant too, they just don't have to work so hard...
It's really nothing to worry about at all, the reason you'll feel that "stabbing pain," is probably you've gotten up too fast and/or twisted your torso and it pulled those ligaments...It really hurts, just for a few seconds though.
I also freaked out when I felt it for the first time, too...and this is my 2nd pregnancy!! LoL! So, I did some research and found out that round ligament syndrome is totally what I had and was experiencing...it set my mind at ease.
Just be aware of your body. Get up slowly and easy. DO NOT make any sudden movements or twist your body real fast when you get up.
And, of course, if you're still concerned and have some worries, talk to your doc. that's what he or she is there for!!

No comments: