Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Birth control cannot cause vaginal odor.

I had been on the birth control shot for about six months and recently I got off of it. A month has passed and for some reason I now have this strange vaginal odor. It's not a fishy scent nor am I having any discoloring in disharge or anything so I don't believe it is an infection. But the smell is definitely not the scent that I know I normally have. Its seems the moment I got off the birth control that's when I started getting the stronger odor. Can anyone tell me what's up with that?

sounds like bacterial vaginosis which can occur when there is a change in your harmones.Go to the doctor and get it checked out just to be safe.because you will need an antibiotic to get rid of it.

Birth control do not cause odor. Vaginal odor in most of cases is the sign of infection. This kind of infection is not so serious and can be treated easily. First of all you must be visited by a physician.

Thanks for the advice. It may just be an infection, but it's alway best to play it safe and get it checked out. MORE

No comments: