Monday, December 1, 2008

How to fix the loss of bladder control.

Recently, while driving home, I stopped to get gas. When I got out of the car I realized that I really needed to use the restroom. I got back into the car and started to drive home. When I was about half a mile away from my house, I wet myself. I couldn't control it at all, it just happened. I suspect that it is because I was wearing shorts that were pushing against my bladder, but I want to make sure it's not something more serious.

P.S. Im 17. So it's not elderly incontinence

If you've had any other unusual urinary sypmtoms (having to go more often than normal, itching, burning, etc) then the suggestion of a UTI is pretty likely.

Otherwise, if you've had no other problems before or since, it may have been just a one time thing. Maybe you just had to go more badly than you realized before getting to the gas station, and by the time you got back in the car headed home your bladder just couldn't take it anymore. It's not really "normal" but does happen to a lot of people from time to time. If your shorts were REALLY tight and pressed on your bladder, that could have had something to do with it too because your bladder wouldn't have been able to stretch out as much as it normally does.

If it doesn't happen again, I wouldn't worry, but if it does, you might want to get it checked out just to be safe.

How do you a control/fix a bladder control problem?

It is very hard for me not to "pee my pants" when laughing. I can't stand the embarrassment so I usually wear pads most of the time. This is not a joke so please don't make fun of me.

There's nothing to be embarrassed about! It's certainly not your fault that this happens. (It happens to a lot more people than you would think, too.)

Don't stop drinking water, because this can irritate your bladder. Drink the regular amount.

Cranberry juice (Don't drink too much.) daily can also improve the situation. They also make cranberry pills or capsules.

That's what the pads are intended for. You may just have to wear them for a while. Definitely, definitely go see a doctor and he/she can tell you what to do.

No comments: