Wednesday, December 17, 2008

How do I get rid of this vaginal itch?

I tend to get this wicked bad vaginal itch right around that time of month. There's no discharge, yet there's a bit of an odor... yeah... gross, I know. And the itch is actually on the INNER labia so yeah...I was just wondering what the deal was?

If it makes any difference, I've been using scented aloe baby wipes for the past week or two, and I've been using some scented dove soap to bathe with.

I am a gynecologist and my wife has just show your question this itch is happening in the inside probably of your labia minors this. Could be related to type of vaginal fungus that can easily be treated go to ur local pharmacy and by an over the counter product called vagistad follow the directions this product has anti fungul cream that can help stop the itch ofciurse this product is meant for yeast infections but also rinses any bacteria that might be inside if the discharge continues with a heavier flow visit the doctor as it could be sings of a serious infection.MORE

This is normal for some woman. There are wipes that you can use or creams, vagisil that work out pretty well. It is also true that the baby wipes could be the problem. I had a similar problem and me and my doc finally figured out it was the soap I was using that was irritating me. It is irritating, but if you can talk to you doc they can help you, give you creams and advice and help you out.

I was using scented toilet paper to make the loo smell nice and I had the same thing. Just use Sorbelene (its a soap alternative and moisturizer and cheap) Great for shaving your legs with. Soap washed away your natural juices and drys u out.

Playtex makes wipes with Witch Hazel which are pretty cheap, and are available in portable sizes. I think for a while, you get a free sample of them with some boxes of Playtex Sport tampons. I use these sometimes, I find they make a difference.

No comments: